World Carnivorous Plant Day 2022
Save the date of May 4, 2022 for World Carnivorous Plant Day 2022. If you are interested in participating as a contributing speaker for World Carnivorous Plant Day 2022, contact either Carson or Kenny. If you have a student or child between the ages of 12 and 16 who would like to interview an expert from another country, please contact Kenny.
Free copy of September 2021 CPN
Not a member?
Become a new member of the ICPS through October 15, 2021 and get a free printed copy of the September issue of CPN.
The September issue will be mailed in early August.
(The free printed copy offer is only valid for new memberships. However, if your membership is lapsed more than 6 months, send a nice message to the Membership Coordinator from our ClubExpress website asking for a free copy after you renew.)
Members: There are some countries where we either cannot currently ship CPNs or there will be long delivery delays.
If we run out of extra September issues, this offer may need to be withdrawn early.
ICPS Classroom Grants
The International Carnivorous Plant Society is proud to announce Carnivores in the Classroom grants!
Carnivores for the classroom grant is open NOW through 31 August 2021.
Do You Qualify?
- Are you a member of the International Carnivorous Plant Society?
- Are you a kindergarten through 12th grade public or private school?
If you can answer “yes” to these questions, please see the Classroom Grants page for more information.
June 2021 CPN
The June 2021 issue of CPN is now out.
The Carnivorous Plant Newsletter (CPN) is the official publication of the International Carnivorous Plant Society. CPN is published in March, June, September, and December.
Features of CPN include horticultural articles, research papers, field trip reports, conservation news, book and literature reviews, communications from members, cultivar and species descriptions, and meeting announcements.
Members: We are still experiencing delivery delays. A PDF of the June issue is available for members at our ClubExpress website.
Contents of the June 2021 Issue 50:2
- Splash-cups, springboards, and sink or swim – Preliminary study of the strategies for vegetative propagule dispersal in Pygmy Drosera — Greg Bourke (Abstract | PDF)
- Online Guide to the Pygmy Drosera (PDF)
- Can Venus flytraps be triggered to close by raindrops? — Stephen E. Williams and Bill Scholl (Abstract | PDF)
- Using a trail camera for recording plant-insect interactions with Venus flytrap as an example — Stephen E. Williams and Bill Scholl
- On Dipsacus and Drosera: Francis Darwin’s favorite carnivores — John R. Schaefer
- Re-discovering Utricularia platensis Speg. in Argentina — Danel Aranoa
- A new technique for the cultivation of Cephalotus follicularis — Richard Nunn and Chiem Nguyen Anh Vu
- New Cultivars — Dimitar Daskalov and Evan Wang and Craig Heath and Yabbie Yang and Milan Del Buono and Olivier Bres (Abstract | PDF)
World Carnivorous Plant Day 2021 Videos
The WCPD 2021 videos are now available on the WPCD 2021 page in easy to choose and view format.
For our first World Carnivorous Plant Day, Kenny Coogan and Carson Trexler recruited a range of hobbyists, nurseries, professors, and authors. Everyone we reached out to was very generous with their time. Jeremiah Harris’ international connections were immensely helpful in finding content. John Kim edited all 20 videos, a huge task, that is much appreciated.
World Carnivorous Plant Day 2021 Merch
WCPD 2021 merchandise is available at
Get T-shirts, tanks, sweatshirts, hoodies, face masks, mugs, and tote bags with the WCPD 2021 logo. A proportion of the proceeds will support ICPS conservation and education initiatives. Shipping is worldwide.
Please see the WPCD page for more information about World Carnivorous Plant Day.