Free copy of June 2022 CPN
Not a member?
Become a new member of the ICPS through July 15, 2022 and get a free printed copy of the June issue of CPN.
The June issue was mailed May 9th.
(The free printed copy offer is only valid for new memberships. However, if your membership is lapsed more than 6 months, send a nice message to the Membership Coordinator from our ClubExpress website asking for a free copy after you renew.)
A PDF of the June issue is available to ICPS members at ClubExpress.
If we run out of issues, this offer may need to be withdrawn early.
Virtual Webinars and Happy Hours on Zoom
The ICPS is offering Webinars and Happy Hours via Zoom.
ICPS is excited to offer MONTHLY member's Virtual Webinars and Happy Hours! For May, we are extending the invitation to everyone!
Take this opportunity to ASK THE EXPERTS. Join California Carnivores' Damon Collingsworth and Daniela Ribbecke. If you can't attend live, type your question here and we will read it when we go LIVE. A recording will be made available on the ICPS Facebook and YouTube channels.
This is USUALLY a ICPS Member benefit, but we are extending the invitation to everyone in May!
The scheduled Happy Hours are
May 17, 2022 09:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/84668943254?pwd=M3lnV1RKMDMyaHVNdXE5OGFEWHdFQT09
Meeting ID: 846 6894 3254
The scheduled Webinars are
Carnivorous Plant Q&A
May 30, 2022 06:30 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/85033516522?pwd=UGFjcXdPQk1RU2pNMTdFWVoreE5rQT09
Meeting ID: 850 3351 6522
How to Grow Sarracenia with Matt Soper
Jun 6, 2022 09:00 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
To join the members only Webinars and Happy Hours:
Step 1: LOG into your account at https://icps.clubexpress.com/
Step 2: Click the Zoom link on the front page.
The Virtual Happy Hours are hosted by ICPS Education Director, Kenny Coogan.
March 2022 CPN
The March 2022 issue of CPN is now out.
The Carnivorous Plant Newsletter (CPN) is the official publication of the International Carnivorous Plant Society. CPN is published in March, June, September, and December.
Features of CPN include horticultural articles, research papers, field trip reports, conservation news, book and literature reviews, communications from members, cultivar and species descriptions, and meeting announcements.
Contents of Volume 51 Number 1, March 2022
- Carnivorous Plant Newsletter 50th Anniversary Issue — John Brittnacher
- Posthumous Lifetime Achievement Award – Allen Lowrie — Richard Nunn (Info | PDF)
- Allen James Lowrie (10 October 1948 – 30 August 2021) — Kevin F. Kenneally (Summary | PDF)
- In memory of Allen James Lowrie (1948 – 2021) — Richard Nunn and Robert Gibson and Marcel van den Broek and Denzel Murfet and Greg Bourke and Andreas Fleischmann and Russell L. Barrett and Spot Cullen
- The huge scientific footprint of Allen James Lowrie (1948 – 2021) — Andreas Fleischmann (Summary | PDF)
- Allen Lowrie’s definitive work on Australian Carnivorous Plants - Carnivorous Plants of Australia Magnum Opus — Richard Nunn
- New Australian Drosera taxa published since Allen Lowrie’s Magnum Opus — Thilo Alexander Krueger
- New Australian Nepenthes taxa published since Allen Lowrie’s Magnum Opus — Richard Nunn
- New Australian Utricularia taxa published since Allen Lowrie’s Magnum Opus — Richard Nunn
- Cultivating kids: A passion for carnivorous plants — Evan Wang and Stephen Wang
- Refined taxon sampling discloses new quinone patterns and relationships among Sundews (Drosera, Droseraceae) — Jan Schlauer and Andreas Fleischmann (Abstract | PDF)
- New cultivars — Dieter Blancquaert and Craig Heath and Evan Wang and Gianluca Bergamo (Abstract | PDF)
World Carnivorous Plant Day 2022 Merch
World Carnivorous Plant Day 2022 is Wednesday, 4th of May, 2022.
WCPD 2022 merchandise is available at
Get T-shirts, tanks, sweatshirts, hoodies, face masks, mugs, and tote bags with the WCPD 2022 logo. A proportion of the proceeds will support ICPS conservation and education initiatives. Shipping is worldwide.
Please see the WPCD page for more information about World Carnivorous Plant Day.
ICPS Conference 2023 Japan Invitation
13TH ICPS CONFERENCE - JAPAN: POSTPONED UNTIL 2023
The 13th ICPS Conference - Japan has been postponed another year because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Due to the globally continuing health concerns with the COVID19 pandemic and related restrictions to travelling, the 13th ICPS World Conference organizer team has decided to postpone the conference by another year.
Our new plan is to hold the conference in Himeji City in May-June of next year. We will announce the specific dates as soon as we have reserved the venue.
– Koji Kondo
13th ICPS World Conference Organizer Team
Photo Contest 2022
Enter your photos for a chance to WIN one of three 1-year ICPS memberships!
The 2022 ICPS Photo Contest results will be part of the World Carnivorous Plant Day (WCPD) celebration on May 4, 2022. The submission deadline is April 22, 2022. Winners receive a 1-year membership to the ICPS. Please see the Photo Contest Rules for more information.
The 2022 Judges are the winners of the 2021 Photo Contest!
- Stephane Joly from France
- Krzysztof Banaś from Poland
- Phillip Bernie from Australia
We had about 150 entries last year - let's beat it this year!
Photo contest is curated by ICPS Education Director, Kenny Coogan.
Category 3 2021 Winner: Phillip Bernie from Australia. Sarracenia sp. with a spectator.